Any one ever filed to take custody away??

We are looking to file for my step daughter....... Any insight on what to do, and what we are getting in to would be great.
Thanks!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Process is long, and unless bio parents are willing to sign away their rights (TPR) the fight could take years. Unless DHHS is involved and there is a provable and obvious case of severe abuse and neglect, courts, lawyers and judges almost always favor the bio parents. GOOD LUCK. In the child's best interest always.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My fiance's ex-wife filed for a change of custody over a year ago. It was a long, spendy battle that lasted an entire year. We spent/owe over an entire joint annual income to the lawyer and we lost!
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 9:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• :/ UGH
    Bio mom's home not suitable conditions for a child (or 4....) and my lil one wants to stay with me and her daddy. Every weekend when it's time to take her back it's a cry fest. :(( Breaks my heart every week.
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• PM me--There's not enough space in this answer section for me to tell you everything. lol. Just be sure to let me know that you are writing about custody. :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011