How do I stop my 7 year old granddaughter from sleeping in bed with me? She has been in my bed scince she was born.

I care for my granddaughter scince she was born and she she still sleeps with me.

Zylvie

Asked by Zylvie at 11:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Thats a hard one. My middle son slept with me until he was 5 years old. We let him pick out his room decorations. He was so thrilled and wanted to sleep in his room. I am sorry I hope it helps
    threeBoysMommy

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 11:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think it would be worth a try to set up a really pretty bedroom for her...let her pick out the theme and maybe a princess canopy ...the whole nine yards. Make a Big Deal out of her being a Princess...and a Princess sleeps in her castle..ya know!!! wink wink!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Do a reward system. My niece could never sleep in her own bed or by herself. My sister or brother in law always had to fall asleep with her. Finally they did the reward system. She had to fall asleep on her own and stay in her own bed all night. After 7 days she got a prize. Mostly it was movies or games etc. It worked and now she is sleeping in her own bed by herself. Try that. It should work.
    mom2jared

Answer by mom2jared at 3:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008