Is it lazy?

For a SAHM to hire a housekeeper?

notjstasocermom

Asked by notjstasocermom at 9:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• NO!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• no and love here to come to my house i hate cleanning
    and she can afford why not
    most people would rather have time for their family then clean all day
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• no, if she can afford it, good for her!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you can afford a housekeeper, I say do it. Regardless of whether you work outside the home or not. If I had a house keeper, that hour daily I do cleaning and 3 hr weekly deep cleaning I could be spending reading to my kids, going on outings with them or even getting a workout in which is how I stay sane. I think as long as you use your free time to be productive with your life and the life of your children then no not lazy - even if it means taking a much needed nap.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Depends,is the house fricking huge?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It depends on how large your house is and how many kids and responsibilities you have. Personally, since I only have one child, I think it would be kind of lazy for me to hire one. Not trying to offend or judge anyone, but that's how I'd feel about hiring one myself.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think so BUT I still want one :)

And good for any mom SAHM or Working moms that has someone to take that off their shoulders :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I know quite a few SAHM that hire a cleaning service twice per month if not 1 time per week & the ones that I know have 2 - 4 kids. I sure wish we could afford a cleaning service! It is hard to get cleaning done w/ a 3 yo & an 18 month old both boys running around like crazy. I am not sure when my mom cleaned when I was growing up & she worked out of the home! I hate dusting so would be nice to have someone come in & do that for me especially now that I'm pregnant with number 3 baby!
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes! I know I'm going against the grain here, and probably NOT what you want to hear, but Yes it is lazy.
    If you are staying home the least you can do is clean the house. I have 6 kids and a part time job and I wouldn't even consider hiring someone to clean the house for me - and 6 kids can do a lot of messing in a single day... My DH works a full time job, so 90% of the household chores and responsibilities fall on me. I still contribute financially PLUS take care of the usual "stay at home" responsibilities. Unless you have 13 kids and a castle.... why do you need to hire someone? what are you doing with your time?
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 9:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't understand the thought that if your house is clean that you have been cleaning all day. If you clean every day then it doesn't take much work to keep it up. kwim?
    notjstasocermom

Comment by notjstasocermom (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011