Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Learners permit

I need to get my sons learners permit and I have to get it at the drivers license division. What will I need to get this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (7)
  • We needed my DD's birth certificate and SS card, plus my signature.. Oh, and they needed a copy of her report card or school ID to "prove" it was here LOL... Some states want proof of insurance too...

    Google your states DMV, they should have a q&a section so you can bring what you need..

    Answer by midnightmoma at 9:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • It might depend on what state. I know in PA you need a Birth Certificate SS card, a vision screening and a physical. Try looking on your state's DMV website. They might be able to provide you with the information you need.

    Answer by layh41407 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • Birth certificate, School id, ss card, I helped my little brother get his, but I also needed power of attorney because he's not my kid. He was 16.


    Answer by Kimberly71682 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • My daughter received hers at school, after completing the classroom portion of drivers ed.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • Google Learners Permit for your state.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • Where I live, I know when I got mine, all I needed was my birth certificate - SS card - vision screening - and then had to take a 10 question test (which you're allowed to get one wrong on).

    Answer by anon1986East at 10:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

  • no advice sorry

    Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 4:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.