Looking for Good hiking boots.

I bought some Merrill's, as I have always enjoyed the way they fit. Well, after hiking in them for a week and putting in close to 50 miles, I have decided that I need something a little more flexible. The shoes I bought are very stiff. Anyone hike in Keen's? What's better above or below the ankle? I have no ankle issues-

Sisteract

Asked by Sisteract at 9:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know. Do you have an REI or a local store that specializes in hiking in your area?? I imagine they can make recommendations much like running stores make recommendations on running shoes!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree, REI might be the way to go. Let them help you out, and test them as much as you can.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My first thought was REI, but I am vacationing right now, and there is no REI on the Island :(

Sisteract

Comment by Sisteract (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011