This may sound a bit strange but I have a very stong connection with the number 11. Am I Crazy?

Everytime that I look at the clock to see what time it is, and I mean everytime, the clock shows 11:11. It started happening to me not that long ago. It was kind of cool at first because as they say, at 11:11 you make a wish, but then it just got freaky. It has happened to me everday since. And then what started happening was that I would look at the clock and it would show 1:11, 2:22, 3:33 and so on. Keep in mind I was not counting down to these times. Whenever I looked at the clock at random, I would catch it somehow at those times. Also, when I go to set my alarm to wake up in the morning, I always get up a minute before my alarm goes off! Everyday! One day I was watching this show about haunted houses and there was a room in this hotel which was haunted and of course the only room haunted was room 11. Scary huh? If I wasn't watching the show, then I would have never seen it but I was just happening to be flipping through the channels and there it was! Another thing that really scared me was that I have been facing this problem with a cyst in my breast and I was awaiting the results from my doctor and guess what? Yes, I got the call from the doctor at 11:11. How freaky is that? I I believe in fortunes and I am very supersticious all because of what has been recently going on. Am I crazy or is there a serious explanation for what is going on? Please help I think I am going nuts!

SweetlilQtMama

Asked by SweetlilQtMama at 9:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• not crazy.....not sure what's going on, but you are not crazy
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No I love this sort of thing! My husband and I have a few numbers that show up EVERYWHERE in our lives. Ready?

Okay.

Our wedding day was 3-7-2003 Time: 7:30

My husband's birthday is : 7-3-79.

My oldest daughter's birthday is 3-16-2007

I found out I was pregnant with her on 7-20-2006
    She was born at 7:15
    At 7 lbs, 11 oz

My youngest daughter was born 7-3-2010
    My room number when I had my youngest was 337.
    Her time born was 3:57.
    There's 7's and 3's in hubby's ssn.

If you subtract the month of my birthday from the date it equals 7. 9-2=7
    And the year 8-1=7.

So seven and three is our number.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not to mention it took us three years to have our first and three years to have our second child.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I do that too! A lot of 11's and 7's. I caught my car when it rolled on to 1111miles even took a picture lol.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You notice it because you subconsciously want to notice it. I do the same thing with the numbers in my birthday (month and date). I probably look at the clock at least 20 times a day, but only really take note of the time when it happens to be those numbers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were other numbers that popped up more frequently, but I never noticed them simply because I'm not really "looking" for them.

An interesting aspect of human evolution is that our brains are wired to look for patterns. This was extremely beneficial to our species long, long ago, but in modern times it usually ends with us identifying "false positives" within randomness, and as a result we often draw incorrect conclusions. In other words, you're not crazy, but your brain is messing with you a little bit. ;)
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 10:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• thats been happening to me too but with 911. I don't know what it means. I don't know if its something bad.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have a lot of 7's and 8's that show up in my life, just not really with time. Also, if you add mine and my husband's birthdays together (month+month, day+day) you get the day we met, which I think it really weird. I don't think your crazy, and I can't say what it means, but I do believe that the more we look for things the more we find them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Mine is "8" ... I was born on November 8th at 12:08am. That's where it all started. My life number comes out to 8. My numerology forecasts usually come out with 8. I am a Scorpio, which is the 8th sign (it starts with Aries for some reason). My cat got out of the house ... he was gone for exactly 38 days. I found him on 8/8.

I know many don't believe it, but IMO numbers are very important in our lives. Hmmm ... could be why I am drawn to Kabbalah.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• The number 11 is very significant. It means transition, change, paradigm shift.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It sounds like a pattern of some type. Maybe journal the times. It could be anything from the time you were born to important dates that could be happening in your family or around you.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011