Help! AP parent can't get her son to nap!!!

My son is 2 months old and sleeps well through the night. thats not a problem. Its just naps that are a problem. I know he gets tired during the day, and when I try to put him down to nap, he wakes up, even if he was just about to fall asleep. Or, i'll wait till he is asleep and put him down, but he sleeps for 5 minutes and wakes up.
I've tried slings, which he hates *sigh* :( ursing him to sleep, which works, but i can't put him down. i need to do stuff around the house! but thats not as important as me being able to get myself something to eat and go to the bathroom, which is hard holding a sleeping, high-need baby... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! any help is appreciated!

odinsmom19

Asked by odinsmom19 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was the same way at that age. Honestly, I just got really good at planning ahead so that I had food, drinks, and the remote control within reach before he passed out on my lap.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If he wants to be held why does he not like slings? Or is it he likes to be upright? The sling is the way to go if you want your hands free. I always had to keep my son upright though he hated laying down in them. Wrap slings are really good and so is the manduca for ease of use.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Do you have a baby swing? It is a life saver for me. My boys fall asleep in the swing all the time. I tandem nurse they tandem nap, I still get nothing done but my boys are happy and wel rested
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I agree with the sling...if hubby isn't home, its the ONLY way I get things done LOL. What kind of sling are you using? Maybe you should try different kinds?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• she said her baby doesn't like slings. my son didn't like them either. why would you put your baby in somehting they don't like? my son slept on me for about the first four months. so i did a lot of couch time, lol. i did the same thing as bluefrogmama. if my hubby was home he was my gopher and didn't mind because he understood.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My son would never stay asleep either when laid down. What worked for us was a rolled up blanket. Lay him almost on top of it but so its on his side and maybe it feels like an arm to him because it works to this day. He's 8 month old now and I still lay him with the roll. Worth a shot
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Keep working on the sling. My son was the exact same way. I thought he hated them but by the time he was 3 months old he lived in his sling. The way I got him used to it was but putting him in it tummy to tummy with me almost like he was standing in front of me(sorry, can't think of a better way to describe it) eventually he'd lay in it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Oh, I used a maya wrap.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i tried putting him in a maya wrap, a huggamonkey sling, a cozyrider(lika a baby bijorn), he sometimes likes being upright, but it really depends on his mood
    ;)
    thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!!!
    odinsmom19

Answer by odinsmom19 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008