Anxiety at night

Does anyone only get anxiety attacks at night? I'm fine all day but when I lay down at night my mind gets to racing and I get anxiety attacks. I have to sleep with the TV on and if I wake up in the middle of the night and it's dark and quiet I start panicking. My husband doesn't understand and hates the TV on all night. Is anyone else like this? Is there anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• 2 tylenol p.m.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, I talked to my doctor about it and she prescribed me ambien for nights that I felt anxious. It works wonders!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Everyone's anxiety levels increase when they are tired. If something's been on your mind, it seems infinitely worse at night, and the darkness and quiet can increase the effect even more. Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep, take Tylenol pm or if you prefer, try valerian or kava or some other herbal sleep medicine, even chammomile tea can help relax you. Try praying or meditation before going to bed. Also I'd suggest you avoid alcohol altogether if you can, as it can mess with sleep patterns. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Night times is usually when I get anxiety attacks. I do breathing exercises to help me. Sometimes i get up and do what I call a 'mind dump' where I go to the computer and just begin typing whatever is on my mind. If I still have issues, I take some Tylenol PM. If the same thing occurs over several nights, I will take the Tylenol PM to head it off.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I used to have this happen to me as well, but I'm on meds now and it doesn't happen so much, if at all.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Many anxiety sufferers have night anxiety - it's copmmon. There are ways to deal with it, this is an article that will show you how, hope it helps:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Night-Anxiety---Signs,-Symptoms-and-Top-Methods-to-Prevent-Anxiety-at-Night&id=3888187
    meitaljames

Answer by meitaljames at 5:02 AM on May. 5, 2011