Friendships

My friend & daughters friend just kind of made me feel pretty bad via facebook =( Okay so we moved 3hours away the other week. I've been busy etc but in addition to that I broke my phone during the move (the screen is shattered into a million pieces) but it still works! But in my new apartment I have no service! Talk about annoying! So I havent been able to really call anyone unless I go to my parents place (next door) & use their house phone.

Well on facebook I put up a photo of my daughter & my friend writes this message thats like we love you guys & miss you guys thanks for being good friends goodbye.... something like that. The goodbye kind of threw me though the girls friendship isnt ending why would it! They can write, visit & skype! We even said these things before we left! I did of course comment back saying give me a time for skype & explaining why we havent called b/c of my phone being messed up.

It would be sad to not have the girls be friends anymore =( I know friendships come to an end & they are young blah blah blah (3yrs & 4yrs) but they spent so many hours upon hours hanging out & playing for 2years together! Those two were pretty glued to one another for a long time so it would be sad to see that friendship come to an end =(

I'll have to see if she comments back on the photo, maybe give her a call from the house phone tomorrow evening or something (hope she answsers a strange number like that!).

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• This may sound cold, but don't take it so personally. As a mom, you probably have a busy life. She probably does too. It's hard enough to run the household, keep it somewhat clean, kid stuff, even just to plan a play date that lives 20 minutes away, let alone 3 hours away. Do you really need to add one more thing to your "to-do's"? Your kids are young, if you and the other mom are truly good friends, distance/time won't matter. You'll reconnect at somepoint in the future. For now, just let the guilt/disappointment go and be friend the mom next door or in the neighborhood. You'll make your life easier.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well i hope she anwser's the phone and yeah if i was you i would deff give her a call and try and set something up.
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well being 3 hours away is certainly going to stop your kids from being glued together, hey. Maybe that's what she meant.

But yeah, we moved like 4 hours away and my son and his best friend from before are now closer than ever. They used to go to school together, but now they get online and chat endlessly. The move was 4 years ago now, and they are very best buddies. But they are older (teens) and can chat online endlessly. They haven't actually seen each other face to face since the move.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Hope she was just saying goodbye since you won't be there daily but that you still maintain a frendship!
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Friendships come and go but if you are there that friendship will always last. Make the phone call and hope for the best.
    Katok

Answer by Katok at 10:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011