Kittens in my front yard!

I've been feeding this stray cat for a week or two and today I noticed that I have 3 kittens under the bridge in my front yard........I already have 1 indoor cat, but I feel so sorry for this stray and her litter......:( WHAT SHOULD I DO?

scnyuma

Asked by scnyuma at 10:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My son's gf had the same problem, and when they appeared to be old enough, she posted a ad on craigslist for the kittens and found homes within hours.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 10:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• take them to the humane society - explain that they are on your property & that you don't want anything to happen to them. Otherwise ppl have alot of luck getting rid of animals in front of Walmart etc
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• OMG, how adorable!!!!!! Good luck finding them homes if you need to, but that sounds to me like a beautiful little miracle.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Start making friends with the kitties now. Otherwise, when they are old enough to give away, they will be too wild for pets.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If the mother is friendly work with her and the kittens to keep them tame. Get the mother fixed asap and post an ad on Craigslist or something similar to give the kittens away. Any kitten you can't give away get fixed as soon as they are old enough.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• See if you can catch them and take them to a no kill shelter or rescue.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't know that I'd take them to the humane society. I'd probably go the craigslist route if I could catch them and bring them in. Just me, though. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• several things you can do...
    look up a shelter that keeps them until they are adopted out...
    many humane societies do not... they do put them down..
    there are private orgs that do for a small donation of money or animal food
    that will take them..
    or you can try to tame them, bring them in, maybe another part of a house or enclosed room/porch
    or garage/shed that is safe and set up a kitty box/food/water and allow them to get use to you...including
    the mother.. then when the kittens are old enough, try to find good homes for them and if you are incline to do so
    keep the mother and have her fixed and teach her to be an indoor kitty...
    I have done the latter before... I am a big cat lover and I also take care of a very BIG male stray who has found
    food/water and a cat house on my porch for him...

Good Luck..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• How sweet!!! Take good care of them,but if u want call a no kill shelter. Not the humane society,they kill animals.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i would let them into my garage and put an ad in the paper - free kittens if you adopt the momma cat.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011