Why am I so mentally messed up and is this Normal?

I think everythings wrong, nothing is going to be o.k. and that Im going to be a bad mom

Katok

Asked by Katok at 10:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you pregnant? Hormones?

Or maybe it's PPD if you have a new little one?
    Anonymous

• I'm going to guess some post pardum depression if you 've just had a baby - I'd talk to your OBGYN
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Pregnant 22 weeks along
    Katok

Comment by Katok (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have never admitted this before but at about that stage of pregnancy I cried all the time thinking that I had made a mistake, why was I being a baby into my messed up life. I think a lot of it was the hormones.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It's probably hormones. Just take a deep breath. You're doing to do fine! I'm sure everyone panics at some point in their first pregnancy- I know I did!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I was crying all the time during my pregnancy, and thinking " i am going to be the worst mom ever"... turns out, I adore my baby, everything is fine, Im a good mom ( I think ?), and I regret I spent so much time of my 1st pregnancy worrying.
    You are going to be OK, things just come naturally, even if you had no experience with babies at all before( like me) , even if you think 'Im too young" or "im too selfish". Parenting comes naturally, you will know what to do when you see you beautiful, amazing, healthy and REAL little one, gazing in your eyes, just looking for love.... love... its all it takes !
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 10:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You are reacting normal - especially if this was not a "planned" pregnancy. Even though you want a child all the sudden every fear in the world hits you. You will do a wonderful job. Somehow it works out. I've seen prissy women who couldn't imagine wiping child nose with a tissue let alone her HANDS - wipe her own childs nose with her HAND and wipe it on her designer business suit and didn't think anything of it!!! That tiny face and little fingers wrapped around yours will melt everything else away.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011