Why do the cashiers at the store act like it's such a hassle to put my stuff in the recyclable bags and save the environment a little?

I'm just as happy bagging my own shit at this point. And I keep the bags in one bag very neat so you can pull them all one at a time, but they always are dumping them all over the counter and letting them for me to pick up.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Shopping

• I'm surprised! Here, they give you the evil eye if you don't bring your own bags!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have never had a cashier act this way.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Guess their lazy here lol!
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Or they are so ignorant...like they are doing YOU a favor. Some don't even say hello or even tell you the total due.
    Oh, and is it too much to ask for a THANK YOU!

Seriously, these people need to know they CAN be replaced at any moment...there are so many people looking for jobs.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I've only heard one complaint in the past couple of years. I am brave enough to say now "Well if you don't want to bag my groceries, your manager and I can bag them." I ain't skeered.. lol
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm in Ontario and here it's the opposite... you have to bag your own groceries and if you don't bring reusable bags you have to pay five cents apiece for plastic bags!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hate that! I report them to the manager if they are rude about it. I had one old lady at walmart that was a total cow about it. Rolling her eyes and mumbling under her breath.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ask for a manager to ring you up and bag your stuff if you get the same cashiers. I bet they won't be very happy about it, but then again the manager is more likely to do something about how they are treating their customers if they are asked to do the work.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Those are good ideas! I'm not scared either ill raise my voice I won't ever yell or be disrespectful though. The one time I had a problem and the manager was called over and he pussy footed around so I left and said I'll go to Giant don't worry about it I was at Weis I think thats just a PA store lol. His face dropped it was priceless.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• This must come from management. I think checkout workers here have been trained to appreciate people bringing their own bags. It's part of the grocery culture here. I haven't had a bad reaction.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 11:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011