WOAH

I just read the funniest answer to a question,

"Problem is, some of the moms here ARE kids so they act accordingly. That's why teenagers shouldn't have babies."

I feel the same way, but never had the balls to say it ... anyone else?

Maybe it wasn't suppose to be funny ... but I couldn't help but laugh when I read it! It's the truth though, a lot of mom's on here act like they are 16 ... but let's face it half of them are right around that age.

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not all teenage moms act like that, though. I somewhat agree that most of the teen moms act their age, but there are a few that grow up when they have a kid.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Half? I doubt that. I'm sure there are some, but not that many. Everyone matures at a different age, and for some that age has never come, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Oh, and I want to add that there are 30 yr olds that probably shouldn't have babies as well.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• sadly, I think there are some real fools on here and I don't think they are teens...still, I think Dr. Phil was right with his "teen brain" belief.
    Anonymous

• what do you call acting like kids ? how can you judge someone over a siteweb ?
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 11:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Being anonymous has a lot to do with it, some feel that thry can say and anyway they want cuz really what are the conquences.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't think it has to do with the age. Women used to have babies in their early teens all the time and that was accepted and encouraged by society. It has to do with the culture. Parents of teens raise their grandkids and basically just let them get away with not growing up. I had my son when I was 18. Still fairly young. But having a kid makes you grow up and do what needs to be done when you don't have an enabler. I know many young moms who are awesome parental figures. And I also know many older moms who aren't necessarily the most mature.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Kind of have to agree, but at the same time, I have a lot of sympathy for teen moms. It was hard having my first at 25, and I was already married and a homeowner....so I can't imagine doing it as a teenager! It has got to be tough and for those that step up and make their kids the priority, I have to say KUDOS to them. And thanks for choosing life. But as for those that have kids and still act like kids....well I just feel sorry for their babies.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree with the ladies above. Not all teen moms are immature and a lot (too many!) older mothers still act so childishly. I saw that reply too, and I must say I thought it a little ballsy. LOL. But also an overgeneralization. At least the immature mothers on here, some of them, do come and listen to the thoughts and advice of old ladies like me, and maybe are trying to improve their parenting and general life skills. Some of them. Some just come on here like know-it-alls and try to pull others down.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• LOL---that Was great! Yup....in my family, women married in their 20's and 30's and waited to have babies.My family ...gramma who married at age 30 in 1902. My Mom who was marriued in 1939. Me ,in 1965 at age 24. We hqad other things to do before being wives and mothers. I had my first at age 26, being cautious , waiting until I got engaged to even have sex.
    Being a parent at the age of 30 and older is tough tooand we all had a lot of learning to do. Isn't that the way it usually goes?YUp....teens having teens is a really risky adventure. And nothing to be pursued,actually. BIRTH CONTROL,people!!! It works if you USE IT!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011