How old were you when you started doing the dishes?

My mom had my sister and I washing dishes when we were 5 and 7. I found out years later, like 30, that she would redo them once we went to bed. lol

HeidisMom800

Asked by HeidisMom800 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I didn't wash my first dish until I moved out...so 18 :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I started at about 5 too....and yeah. i think she redid ours too haha. But i started putting everyting in the dishwasher when i was in 6th grade. I did it while they were gone bc I couldn't stand seeing the house dirty anymore. That was a mistake. lol They had me cleaning everything!!! And I learned to wash my clothes when I was in elementary school and to iron my clothes early on as well.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My son is 6 and he loves doing the dishes so I let him, but I also redo them when he goes to bed. lol. I was about 8, but my mom stopped really caring about the house at that point so if I wanted clean dishes to eat on I had to do it myself.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't even know, it feels like forever! I would say 10 or 11.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I washed up when Dad made us take turns because Mom was in hospital for ages when I was about 13, but then she got better and did them until I moved out. Since having kids, I don't seem to ever get a break from that horrid chore: 200 times a day, I have dishes to wash :/ Thanks mom for not making me do it when I was a kid, too.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was about 12 or so. My dad said he would give me a weekly allowance if I did a couple of chores each week.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think I was probably 5 or so. . . My parents had us partake in everyday chores. . . I cleaned the bathroom, sorted laundry, and helped with dishes. . . Sometimes I did the laundry all together not just sorted it. . .and every other week had to take out the trash. . .
    thought that was a normal thing. . . but not many have their kids do chores like that these days. . .
    Anonymous

• 5ish
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was 11 when I started doing the dishes, laundry, cooking and all major housework.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was 6 I think..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011