Does anyone believe that our dreams truely have meaning?

What about recurring dreams, the one's you have more than a few times? One's that don't make any sense whatsoever, with people you don't even know, doing things you wouldn't do in reality, etc. I have one recurring dream where wild dogs are chasing me & I get in the house just in time. I think it stems from the traumatic experience I had when I was 5, getting attacked by a Doberman. I've been having dreams with my Dad in them alot, since he passed. I understand those, but what about the plain weird dreams? Any explanations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• To see a dog in your dream, symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. Alternatively, it indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness.
    To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 7:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• LOL, well last night I dreamt I was Bella and Edward was in love with me. I was part of the family, LOL!

Also, I had a dream last night someone was holding a gun to my head to kill me. I hope those dreams have no meaning!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The professional Dr's of the mind say our dreams are manifistations of or waking conciouses. But I still think some dreams are premonitions and do come true.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I beleive God speaks to us through dreams.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ive always believed that dreams have meanings. Its rare that I dream but when I do, something always happens. Ive dreamed that I was standing looking at a clock to go to work, the next day the number on the clock came out as a winning lottery number...Do I play? no!, go figure lol. Several other dreams were really serious but the people were wrong in the dream. I too believe that God may be speaking to us through dreams. It is said that when he speaks it is at a time when we are still and listening.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Well an attacking dog is either you feeling attacked by someone thus representing their anger or snide reamrks or it is your own anger and aggression. Recurring dreams is too much to post here, but generally occur because there are ways you habitually respond to your internal or external world. Because your attitude or response is unchanging, the dream that reflects it remains the same. Spirits use dreams as a form of communication as with your dad possibly. Define plain weird and I'll see if I can process it for you. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• dreams are made from your sub-concious mind. things you have stored back there... but i also believe people can interept dreams and they can tell you things. i would have dreams when i was younger then while later they would happen, and i would remember and know something small that was going to happen next.

also its hard but if u can realize your dreaming and stay asleep you can control the dream. i have done this a couple times. its a good way to keep a good dream around or seeing someone u might not be able to when ur awake.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Dreams have so many purposes for us. They help us to work through problems, destress, and to even see into our future (or past). They can also be gateways to The Other Side (Heaven). Have you ever had a dream of a loved one who has passed? Many times that is because you were visiting with them in Heaven. Some spiritual teachers say we visit our real HOME several times a week but we don't usually remember it. You can ask God before you go to sleep at night to help you remember your dreams, especially if you have a question and you're seeking an answer. Ask for a few nights in a row and you'll be surprised at the response you get.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• read Jer.29:8-9 it brings out that we should not listen to other dreams that people have. God says because i have have not sent them. its as clear as that. so if you look into them it is not god who has sent them.
    Anonymous

• So many times the Bible tries to separate us from our creator. It's really a shame.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008