How many women have gotten pregnant after having a c section before your baby was a year old?

I am asking like what would happen if you get pregnant before your baby is a year old. My ob asked me what I was doing for conceptive and I said we do not use anything. she said we had to wait a year before getting pregnant again. Well has it happened to anyone ?

deevega

Asked by deevega at 11:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine told me he wanted atleast 18months between deliveries, something about the plecenta attaching to the scar tissue. My baby is now 14months I went of bc several months ago but nothing yet.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, it was 2 weeks after my daughter's first birthday when I got pregnant (she was a c-section baby). No problems here. I know it's not good for your uterus or the previous scar to conceive so soon.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We were told to wait 1 year as well, but accidentally got pregnant 2 months before DD 1st birthday. I didn't get yelled at or made to feel bad. I think it's just to give your body a break, but look at the Duggar woman. She didn't wait a year between most of her pregnancies and she's fine.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• that hasnt happnd to me but my baby is 5 months old and csectiuon and well think im pregnant again...!!
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• *c-section*
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• well i didn't have a c-section but my son and daughter are a week short of a year from each other. and it's been tough but well worth it..i love being a mother..and i love to see them play together. i'm a single mom so i do it all alone and don't get me wrong sometimes i wonder how i make it..but i do..i've learned that God doesn't give you more than what you can handle..everything happens for a reason..
    Bulletproof1985

Answer by Bulletproof1985 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My brother and I are 13 mos apart, and both c-sections. There were no troubles, but I'm sure it was a little risky.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011