Does it ever get easier?

Has anyone ever gotten over severe depression or anxiety? How did you do it? Meds? Counseling? Any advice would help because I feel like I have battled it so hard and I'm doing so much better than I was, but I still feel really anxious sometimes and like I'm going to burst into tears others. The worst part is that I get so frustrating so easily, it's like I have the shortest fuse ever and the smallest thing just sets me off and I feel like I'm going to explode. Please don't make any negative comments here as that's the last thing I need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• Have you tried meditation? I've never been through what you have (bless you) but it's what keeps me sane. My DH suffers from depression and he's on Celepram and when he went on it, the difference was AMAZING, for him and for all of us. He was like a different (MUCH better) person. Good luck.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You sound just like me mama....I have bipolar disorder so I know it's hard....it does and doesnt get easier....what I mean by that is that every day it's a new struggle to keep your emotions under control....meds helped me tremendously but I've been off of them ever since I've gotten pregnant so it's not been an easy road....Medication is a personal choice for everyone but I definatly suggest counseling. Good luck mama....If you ever need to talk feel free to message me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have tried meds before, but am currently breastfeeding my 5 month old daughter, so I can not take them. Right after I posted this my husband just came out to discuss with me our temporary move for the summer and now I feel like screaming/crying/punching something. I thought that we were going to be living with one of my husband's friend's boyfriend, but as it turns out we are going to be living in his house, with his 4 other tenants. It is not the ideal living situation an to top it of we are going somewhere else where I will have no friends or family. I already feel alone and the loneliness exacerbates the depression. I felt so wonderful throughout my pregnancy and thought that finally getting to be a mother would really help with everything. Now 5 months later I really feel myself backsliding and am worried about ending up back in the places I have been in the past.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I've been there... Done meds, yoga, meditation, therapy and got myself going! Cymbalta worked great for me. There are meds that don't get through breastmilk (zoloft I believe) I was told by a doc. I have had a bad pregnancy which I'm fighting depression pretty hard now. I chose no meds because of the side effects during pregnancy. Once my LO comes I worry about post partum depression. I plan to see how I feel and go from there. I know it's better to breast feed my baby but I think she will be better off with me fully present. Just wanted to share. Do what you feel is best for you. Take care of number one and number two is better taken care of!
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I suffer from clinical depression....medicine, doing things you enjoy, starting a new job/project/hobby, meditation and prayer, and talking to people about it always helps!
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2011