Did you have a membrane sweep

did it work for you?
did you bleed or anything?
how long did it take to work?
what were you dilated to?
tell me about it because im having it done in the morning

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I had one the day I gave birth, I requested one actually because I was only 2cm along but my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and I wanted things to move along. I did bleed but the midwife told me it was completely normal, it was uncomfortable like very strong cramps and after that I walked for about 1-2 hours because my midwife told me that walking would dilate me more and it worked because 3 hours later my son was born.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had one and it was very anti climactic compared to what I had expected. They did a few days after my due date and I ended up having a tiny bit of blood/mucus when I peed but barely anything. Annnd I still didn't end up going into labor. I was induced 2 weeks after my due date =/
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wasn't dilated enough for an actual sweep, but they did to a "rough exam" and I went into labor a few days later. Some spotting and cramping can be normal after having your membranes swept.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I tried with YDD...But my doctor could only get 1/2 of it done...Which lead to other issues during delivery (my placenta broke into pieces when they tried to deliver it)...It really hurt, but that could have been because she did it wrong (she wasn't an OB, just a family practitioner...)...It didn't put me into labor, either.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had my membranes thinned out when I was 38 1/2 weeks. I was 2cm dialated. I had a little blood, some cramping, but 3 days later I went into labor and gave birth. To me it was worth it, it jump started the labor and I was thankful for that.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 12:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Bump
    proudmommy31604

Answer by proudmommy31604 at 5:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011