Being Anonymous

Am I the only one who thinks for the most part it's pretty lame to hide behind Anonymous when asking and answering questions?

I do not think it's lame if you are sharing something that is very person, like being abused or something along those lines....But to ask a question, or answer someone else's question I think you should stand behind your own name.

Own what you say. Especially if you're gonna call someone out or talk smack. It just seems very cowardly to me to use anonymous for the most part. Am I alone in this thinking? LOL I don't care if I am but I'm curious about what everyone else feels about hiding behind your comments.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No, this is the internet, we can be who we want and what we want. Haven't you heard that country song? It's the way it is. Sorry, you don't like it. But if they remove the anonymous button, they will only get a lot more trollers! Welcome to internet!
    Anonymous

• i don't have anything to hide so i don't sign it anon.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Haha, see that is exactly what I'm talking about....^^^ What is the point of being anonymous there? Do you feel better being snarky when you know there's not going to be backlash to it?

Obviously I can't control what you do and I'm not trying to do so. I do not think there would be more trollers...I think there would be a lot less. As it is we have regular members being trolls secretly. I think that's lame. Luckily for you, I don't know who is lame and who isn't.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I honestly don't know why it bugs so many people on here. I think ti's funny that people are so bugged by it. It's the internet and anything said on here that is negative should be taken with a grain of salt. It really isnt' that serious. If I don't like something someone says, I simply skip over it. If they're negative and hateful, who cares...it doesn't affect me.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I realize it's the internet...I don't see how that really applies as part of the arguement. You'd think, being that it is the internet that people would be more apt to say things and own them than IRL. I would venture a guess that many people spend a lot of time on the internet and I know that many of us have friends that we have made purely from online boards. So the superficially "its just the internet" doesn't really fly with me. It may be the internet but that doesn't mean that each person responding isn't a real person.

Like I said, I can't control anyone or what they do. But I just don't understand why people hide when they have something to say. I realize it's an option...obviously. So rather than just tell me over and over "its the internet, get over it"...I'd really like someone to explain to me why they think it's so important to hide behind it to snark on people.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• No, I know for a fact that there is a forum (and I can't say which one) that is tuned into this one. They are guys. They are trolling and signing in as other users. Sorry Hon.
    Anonymous

• It bugs me b/c if someone is bashing me, then stand up to me and not hide. If you need to hide behind Anon, then why even talk to me about your opinions. Why bash me, so I cant say anything back? It's lame... I agree
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• it doesnt bother me they also can sign on as a different user
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 7:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ok I can understand that. So for the people that post anonymously all the time for the sole reason of trolls, do you also have no profile information listed?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My previous answer was directed to 6th poster.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2008