How do you deal with this?

How do you deal with being alone at night, when you have a husband out there working hard for you.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 11:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• It doesn't bother me. I just go about what needs to be done.
    PartyOf5InWI

Answer by PartyOf5InWI at 11:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I just tell myself that life is all about sacrifices and my man is doing what needs to be done for his family but that it won't always be like this.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• keep in mind that your husband loves you and your family enough to be away from you. Remember some ladies are alone every night because they don't have a husband that loves them, and that makes you pretty lucky. Count your blessings.
    Anonymous

• I hate it....hubby works a day job AND a night job so I get maybe 2 awake hours with him in a 24 hr period....it's rough and I miss him like crazy....we deal with it by texting each other through the day and even when he's at his night job he'll call me at like 4 in the morning lol....it sucks to be woken out of a great sleep but I love hearing his voice....we just try to make as much time for each other as possible...but yeah I miss him like crazy and it does get hard.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My husband works the night sift too and it is lonely cuz i don't have him here and then in the day time his tired and sleeping but for now it is what works best...i hope he is able to change sifts soon cuz like i said it gets lonely even when his here...but all i can do is support him and be here for him...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• thank you now i know iam not the only person that feels this way
    Mrs.Ferri

Comment by Mrs.Ferri (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It's hard. I read extra bedtime bks to the kids and when they go to bed I try to think of special things that I enjoy. Watching chick flicks on netflix. Reading bks and magazines instead of watching hubby TV. I also like to drink a cup of Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea(because I love it & I'm trying to help myself to tired to stay up). Sometimes I clean...so not like me, but I need the distraction. I let one of my kids have a sleep over in my bed...or I just let myself enjoy hogging the whole bed. Reading in bed is good too. The home improvement wish list just keeps getting longer the more he travels. Hugs. My hubby has been traveling a lot for work so I have been trying to think of things too
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It's easy for me. I just keep a wooden baseball bat under the bed and a very sharp knife in the night stand and also a pepper spray on the night stand, :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My husband is in the army so there is a lot of lonely nights. I just deal with it. That's all I can do!
    amylovesnick07

Answer by amylovesnick07 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I really don't let it bother me. I do miss him after 3 nights in a row. Safety wise I live in a gated community so I really don't stress about it but I do have a pepper spray on my keychain if I need it.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011