Is it just me..or..?

I have seen a lot lately that women are using their children as pawns, or controlling a situation when it comes to the child/childrens dad. Does anyone else notice this and does it get under your skin?

It seriously gets under my skin, because the only person that is being hurt in the long run is the innocent child/children.
Sorry just ranting..

dolphingoddess

Asked by dolphingoddess at 11:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• You know I'm with you girl. It's selfish and pathetic.
    ProudMomma0507

Answer by ProudMomma0507 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• YES!!! My husbands ex does this with his daughter!!! She threatens him all the time with never allowing him to see her again and calling him all out of his name...he pays child support $800 a month and for some reason that is still not enough for her, she's always asking for extra money and just being a bitch. Yeah it gets under my skin because I see how hurt he is that he doesnt have the kind of relationship he would like with his daughter and it's not fair that the little girl hasnt been able to get to know her sister (my child) and the son that we are about to have...damn got mad just typing this lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I know what you mean. I've had some male friends who were not careful and bred with some really manipulative women who would constantly use their kids to control or hurt the other. It sickens me because kids are already put in a vulnerable position when mom and dad aren't together, you include that mom and dad are fighting and that just adds too much on the shoulders of the little ones. Very sad :-(
    JeniJonas

Answer by JeniJonas at 12:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Um my mother totally did this when I was growing up, they are divorced. It disgusts me when parents do that b/c I know how painful it is. I cant stand a person who would do such a thing awful simply awful. I remember my parents both of them saying mean things about the other one to try & make me like one or the other better, disgusting.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i SWEAR i FEEL THE SAME WAY! sOME WOMEN ARE JUST FLAT OUT bITCHES!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yep...I know someone who does this and it aggravates me. Three kids by three guys....all guys have court orders to pay child support and she keeps the kids to herself, not allowing the fathers to make much contact. She's a lovely lady!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes my brothers sons mom does this all the time. She refuses to let him see him unless he buys a bunch of stuff first. She also tells my family the only way we can see him is if they give her money.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Someone I know is doing it. I think its absolutely horrible. In some cases (not all) men get the crappy end of the stick. There are wonderful mothers out there, dont get me wrong, but just seeing it right in front of me and seeing people hurt irritates me.
    dolphingoddess

Comment by dolphingoddess (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• omg my husband's ex used to do this sooo much until I told her she was basically prostituting her daughter and I started refering to her as the pimp

shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Unfortunately, I've seen this occur with alot of my friends during their divorces. The shame is, the innocent child(ren) get hurt in the process & this seems to go unnoticed throughout the entire ordeal.
    lindylou13

Answer by lindylou13 at 3:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011