How do i potty train my 3yo princess?

She has a talking elmo potty... She still wears pull ups... & tries to tell me when she peed or pood...she tells me when shes done she doesnt tell me when she needs it... can someone tell me how to properly train my princess? ty so much... ^_^

jkkpotters

Asked by jkkpotters at 12:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does she go at certain times? That would def. help you a lot to be able to plan ahead a bit! Other than that i'm not sure, sorry. GL!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• If you can handle it, you can do away with the pull ups during the day and she may wet herself and you'll have to clean up a little more, but she won't like that feeling and maybe that'll help. We had to do that with my son, because as long as I kept him protected, he wouldn't care if he went in his pull up.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 12:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• put her in panties and take her potty OFTEN...sing and dance for even small sucesses and lots of positive encouragement:) Itained my 3yr old a few mos before she turned three and just relaieved to be done....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree with the keeping track of when she generally goes. So you can prompt her to the potty at those times. I also had to take away the pullups and then she realized she didn't like the pee on her feeling. Plus peer pressure as in older children and cousins also helped. If she sees older kids that don't have pullups she may feel inclined to be like them-big kids.
    evecantrell

Answer by evecantrell at 12:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree...put her in panties and just be prepared for the liklihood of lots of accidents. Maybe get a basket of dollar prizes or stickers and every time she uses the big girl potty than she can pick a prize. Good luck.
    Holland04

Answer by Holland04 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• STasrt taking her every 20 minutes, Im in the process , also.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thank you everyone, i will definitely keep all your comments in mind... ty so much... ^_^
    jkkpotters

Comment by jkkpotters (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011