Easier to potty train a girl or a boy?

My boys were way easier to potty train than my daughter. She is 5 and still wets the bed sometimes, but the boys haven't since we quit the pull ups at around 3.

bdflykisses

Asked by bdflykisses at 12:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I have 2 boys and a girl and I am the exact as you! The boys trained at 3 (or soon after). My oldest boy was never a bed wetter. My 2nd boy wet the bed for a few months after he was daytime trained. My daughter is turning 5 next month and is daytime trained but still wets the bed. She potty-trained early, and had some health issues which caused her to go backward. She retrained at 4.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i had both my boys an my girl potty trained at age 2. i actually thought my daughter was easy, she was potty trained the same month she turned two. my boys were potty trained a couple months after being 2.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• for me my boy...I have 2 girls and one boy and he was 3 1/2 for pee and like 4 1/2 for # 2! My oldest daughter trained herself at 24mos. Her sister was being stubborn when I worked with her but 4mos before she turned 3 just overnight started going potty!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think boys but a lot of people tell me that their girls were easier. But my son potty trained at 18 months.. Even at night.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think it depends on the kid. My nephew didn't potty train, he just started using the toilet i swear. when I worked at daycare I always had an easier time with the girls because they always seemed more interested in it.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My older 2 girls (kids #1 and #3 who are now 10 and 8) were the hardest for me. They were 3 years, 2 months and 3 years, 8 months when they decided to use the potty on their own. That was after starting at 2 to work with them.
    My older son (#2 who is now 9) was one of the easiest. I started at around 2 with him, too, and he was day trained at 2 1/2 (about 4 months later). My youngest daughter was by far the easiest but I waited until she was 2 1/2 to even try with her. A week later she was fully trained day and night. My youngest son is only 8 months and I don't plan to start until he's 2 1/2.
    My 8yo dd and 9yo son, though, still wet the bed but I don't consider that having anything to do with potty training. They are just bed wetters. They can't help it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Staying dry in the day and wetting in the night is not a boy/girl issue. It is a personal one. My DD did that and my 5 yr old son still is wet at night. This is common in many children and something they grow out of on their own. Google it. I would not say my 3 sons were harder to train, they just needed to learn a bit later in life...around age 3, where my 2 girls were closer to 2 yrs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I only have sons and they were all easy to potty train. My 1st was almost 3 (because I waited per all the "expert" advice from doctors and all the vairious books and such out at the time) but his brother was 16 mos. old (he is 16 mos. younger than his older brother) at the time and they both potty trained together, stopped wearing day and night diapers at the same time and neither ever had accidents. My3rd son was also almost 3 because he has Aspergers and at almost 3 he was at about a 16-18 month level of development and my 4th son was 16 mos. old at the time (they are also 16 mos. apart) and they potty trained together, stopped wearing day and night diapers at the same time and neither ever had accidents.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Boys.... my daughter was very stubborn about it but my son just picked it right up.
    BSumm3rs

Answer by BSumm3rs at 11:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Boys out of my 4 my girl was the hardest to train.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2011