Holy shizzle =[

I'm not sure how to handle this,but this afternoon some friends came over to chill with my kids and my youngest 9 was playing with our neighborhood friend thats 14,this kid is on the small side but anyways my son and him were chasing each other around and then the older kid was hitting my son and snuck around and got him good, Sooo my daughter smacked the poor guy in the face hard,everyone got really quiet and I was in shock didn't register that I should've sent my daughter too her room. I made her apologize but I feel so bad the poor guy had huge tears in his eyes and my heart was breaking just looking at him. She was trying to apologize and forced a hug on him,even though he didnt want her touching him. I feel bad now cause he thinks she a bitch. Truthfully she hit him cause she was protecting her little brother. I had a talk with her about how we need to keep our hands to ourselves because it hurts so badly when we get hit and it takes our self esteem down a few notches too. I dont know what else I can do for the poor kid,he comes over quite a bit and he is always so nice. I've had to correct him on the way he talks but nothing else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No advice for you on this, but awww! I feel bad for him too :(
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Why was he hitting your son to begin with? It's ok for him to hit another boy but its not ok for a girl to put him in his place and defend her own brother?

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No,they were playing together then for some reason it turned into a hitting game. I told them to stop and the kid got one last hit in and it made my son cry and all. But honest they were being boys and playing.. Sometimes rough housing gets out of control. I'm just gonna put my foot down if he comes back and tell them no rough housing. No its not okay to handle things like that at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ever seen a cute puppy look really sad? Thats what he looked like,his big blue eyes pooled up with tears and he just stood their looking so hurt. He's been a friend for quite some time with my kids and I always like taking him places cause he's just a chill kid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It sounds like you handled it just fine. You talked to your dd and she seemed to be sorry already.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Your probally right Kimberly. I also wrote him a letter on facebook and told him how sorry I was and that my daughter is truly sorry as well. She was trying to cheer him up and then she got sad cause he wasnt. I told his mom what happened too and that I was really sorry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Good for her! He deserved it and he'll probably never touch either of your kids again.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• At 14 hitting games probably should not be a norm. I am guessing the guy wont be hitting anyone for awhile. Lesson learned all around.

Answer by gemgem at 3:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• no advice sorry
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 4:50 PM on May. 25, 2011