How much tv until it becomes unhealthy?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 12:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• A day? Mine are allowed 30 min of tv a day.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I really do not know I would guess more then 2 hours a day... mine is on all the time but it is not always being watched it is more of a background thing
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I hate the "idiot box" we watch too much tv as of late (but i'm on bedrest for a bit).
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It's not so much the quanity that's the issue. A child can watch an entire day of TV as long as they get in interactive play, learning, and excersise. If the child sits in front of the TV all day then it becomes a problem. Excersise is super important in a child, even a newborn. Letting them lay on the floor and kick around, letting them run around when they're older, playing ball, etc. And that can even be done while watching TV. Rolling a ball back and forth, jumping around, dancing, etc. So the quanity of TV isn't soo much the issue, but whether they're getting enough excersise mentally and physically. When the TV eliminates all interactive play and excersise then it becomes an issue.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Im not sure my sons tv in his rrom is always on even at night (sometimes) but hes not always watching it!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When you or your children are unable to imaginative play, run around, and/or entertain yourselves without television, that's when it's unhealthy. I don't have to limit tv for my son. On rainy days we watch more, when the weather cooperates less. Many times a day he'll walk over, turn the tv off, go play for 2-3 hours with his geotrax, cars, my couch cushions (he likes to play "wipeout") and then he's tired so he turns the tv on and vegges out for an hour or so. He'd much rather ride his bike, draw with chalk, shoot his nerf guns or play with his geotrax. I watch tv when I have nothing else to do, or one of my shows I enjoy is on. When I start becoming overweight, or my house starts falling apart from laziness, I'll know my consumption is unhealthy.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011