Children's TV

What shows do you let your kids watch? DD loves Seasme Street and watching Glee with me because she likes singing.

Kitkat61277

Asked by Kitkat61277 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Liberty Kids, Magic School Bus, Dora, Dirty Jobs... We watch very little TV(they didn't watch any today) but when I do let them we go educational
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We watch nick jr, sprout at times, disney, and cartoon network during daytime hours. When the bachelor was on he watched that with me and cheered on the girl I was voting for, and gave his opinions on who would win the rose and who wouldn't. It was cute. Our favorites are tom and jerry, scooby doo and wow wow wubzy
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Blues Clues is the household fave around here! But we also really love Thomas thanks to my 6 yo DS.
    JeniJonas

Answer by JeniJonas at 12:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• my son loves chuggington which i absolutely hate. we usually try to go for sesame street and word world
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Son (Two) loves "Thomas and Friends". He likes "Chuggington", "Super Why", "Sid the Science Kid", and "Blue's Clues".
    My Daughter (One) loves "Blue's Clues". She likes "The Wiggles".

I turn on PBS shows for them in the morning and then we use Netflix to get their favorite shows throughout the afternoon.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Disney Channel & Nickeloden
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• we dont watch tv in our house because even kids shows are becoming more and more innapropriate. we do watch movies but more often than not they are old disney movies
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 1:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They basically watch whatever they want. They know what we consider inappropriate (which is mostly R rated movies...they watch just about anything else). The TVs have channels lists that include the kids' favorite channels and they mostly stick to those. I made the lists to make it easier for my 5yo to find stuff she wants to watch. The older kids know how to flip to other lists and find other stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My son (2) loves Veggie Tales which we watch on Netflix streaming. He also loves Spongebob, Mickey Mouse and recently the Tinkerbell movies. My daughter loves Baby Einstein and Eeebee's Adventures, which we watch on DVD and Netflix respectively.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We have been thinking about Netflix for a while and if they have kids shows streaming that another check in the plus column. Sprout (which is on demand I like those shows) isn't basic cable and we'd have to pay $5 a month for it. Rather do Netflix and get stuff mom and dad want to watch too.
    Kitkat61277

Comment by Kitkat61277 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011