How do I go about getting him to sign his rights away?

He has made it clear he wants nothing to do with my son. He doesn't have much to do with his first two children. He was horrible to me through my whole pregnancy tryin to make me miscarry... It was bad. My son is 5 days old. He doesn't deserve to have this man in his life. He has serious mental issues... So how do I go about getting him to sign over his rights??

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Give him a choice. Sign his rights away or pay child support.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You and someone else go and have a meeting with him. Be up front and give him the choice to be there or not.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• He changed his number, and moved. Idk where he lives. I know the city but not exactly where he is. I told him I was going to do child support. He cussed me out then hung up. I dont want him around my child... He is seriously crazy. I just don't know how to get the paper work started?
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Why did you put him on the birth certificate? If you hadn't, he would have had no rights to see the baby until he took the issue to Court.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Exactly, you shouldn't have ever put him on the birth certificate. My baby dad is the same way. Ugly & mean. But I know that while I'm pregnant. Pursue child support w his social security #. You don't need his other info. His social should b on the birth certificate or talk to your lawyer, which you should already have. If not, you need one regardless your next excuse.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• He isn't on the birth cert. I just don't want to have to worry about him later on down the road thinking he can come in and out of my sons life. I want it in writing now.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Um if he was trying to make you miscarry I would not confront him face to face. I'd get a protective order first for you and your son, and if you really don't even want the child support you can consult a lawyer for free, many offer free consultations and take him to court and have him sign his rights away.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2011