Why do guys say your live is over after u have a baby?

yes its a new life changing experience and yes it will be all about the baby and not yourself and yes you wont be able to go out like you want to. but that doesn't mean lives over that u just have a boring life that no one will want you because you have a baby yes things will be hard raising kids isnt easy! Im the type of person who always helps others probably way more than i help myself im just very caring person(which is also a down fall for me) im always giving and not receiving.... i have a daughter who's a year and half and im trying to socialize and meet guys its hard i dont really have anytime to myself at all....ive meet two guys been talking to them on the phone trying to get to them but neither one is a good choice for me. trying to find happiest...i know its out there somewhere or maybe i wont find it in a person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• They say their lives are over because they can no longer be completely selfish & if they are, they know they are wrong & they look bad. LOL I found the older the man, the more willing they are to accept your child. I'm 23 with a 35 yr old. lol Most wonderful man ever! My son loves him and you can tell that my bf really enjoys their time together!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Stop trying and happiness will find you. When I was a single parent with my dd I felt the same way. Most guys didn't want to raise someone else kid. Some day a guy will come into both of your life's and love both of you. Its not about him loving just you, he needs to love you baby too.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Life isn't over because you have kids. Life is only over once you stop living.
    Anyone, guy or girl, who says that kids end your life are naive and ignorant.
    Life is what you make of it and if that's what ends their life then they should have kids. If you decide that something stops your socializing, your fun, your experiences, your adventures then it shouldn't be in your life. NOTHING determins the end of life until your heart stops beating.
    Don't TRY to look for guys, don't TRY to make yourself a social butterfly, just ease into it naturally. The right people will migrate towards you if you stop trying to seek them out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Cause some men are still children themselves and having a child means they have to stop being one. Some still don't stop, but those guys are losers. The ones who step up to the plate and take on the responsibility of a dad are real men.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My DH has a very immature 22 year old cousin who said something to him not long ago. We used to hang out with him quite often when we lived in the same town, but have only seen him a few times since moving over 3 years ago. They were hanging out when his cousin said, "Man, you've got two kids now. That totally sucks." DH told him to "grow the F up".

I guess technically, the life you were living pre-baby is over. But you get to embark on a whole new journey, a new life. It's not a bad thing, just a new thing.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Guys say a lot of questionable things but they never think out their statements, so I wouldn't worry about what a guy says. Just keep faith in yourself & your own judgment.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yah the *Lame Life* thank goodness.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Men are babies and get jealous of the baby usually... not all men mean to, and they love their kids, but they get jealous over sharing you
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 4:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• First stop doing for others so much. Let someone do for you too. That may help you find someone that is giving to you and your LO. He's out there.
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2011