Grieving Care Basket

I have two close friends (one of whom i have a thing for) whose brother has just died. I want to make a care package for them. I am already making a dinner any other suggestions?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 12:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Clueless, never heard of that. Maybe a photo album of happy memories w the brother? Anything to help them remember the brother. Key chains w his name on them.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When my dad died we really appreciated a neighbor who brought over things like paper plates and cups and plastic silverware so we wouldn't have to wash dishes, which was especially nice once all of our relatives started arriving. She also brought snack foods like cookies and crackers and breakfast foods. We got tons of food from people and didn't really feel like eating but we had a lot of relatives who needed to eat so it was nice to not worry about food. Someone else brought over several boxes of tissues. Another person offered to sit by the phone one afternoon and answer it for us since it seemed to be a constant stream of people calling to offer their sympathy. Another offered to keep track of who brought what and help write and send some thank you cards that they brought over. I'm not sure if paper plates, tissues, and thank you cards are the type of things you're thinking of but it's just an idea.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think the above post says it all, sounds great, homemade baked goods are always good, if you were really close and have family photos including dad that would be nice to put them in an album, its always nice seeing the photos others took, maybe a jar of sauce and box of pasta for another meal. If they are readers, the chicken soup collection has great books for grief and loss. Maybe a gift card for dinner out, or an invite to your place for a diner or 2. Its very sweet and will be appreciated.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Food for the freezer would be a good idea as well, I think.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• A simpathy Card is also great. something you wrote yourself or something from a store..
    Katok

Answer by Katok at 3:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i agree just a card would be good
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011