Grieving

I currently have two close friends (one of whom i have a thing for) whose brother has just died. I want to make a care package for them. I am already making a dinner any other suggestions?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 12:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• just send flowers let them talk is all gift you can give
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Flowers are not appropriate for all religions / cultures.

Is there a charity that is meaningful to the family? You can make a donation in memory of the brother.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Dinner is good. Flowers I would skip. They would probably appreciate the funds more as funerals can be quite pricey. I like the charity idea too. Maybe an offer to help babysit any kids they may have so they can get things in order.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree with 2autisticsmom. A love offering of a check to help with expenses might be appreciated.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I agree with 2autisticmom, and I would also keep the towel on the shoulder and the ears ready
    to listen... I think just being there and being ready to listen and to give that hug is more of a gift ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• An offer of dinner, a few weeks or months from now. When all the well wishers have gone
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Dinner sounds good, but I would give it time.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011