Any insite??

So i just had my baby girl 2 weeks ago, and i noticed last night that no matter what i did or anything she wouldn't go to sleep. And for the rest of the night i hated her and i hated being a mom. I even made it a point to leave the room yelling "i wish I never got pregnant" is that just due to the sleepless nights or is that part of post-partum depression???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It really could be either, I'd wait to see if the "symptoms" continue... although for me, it was post-partum but it didn't happen for a month or so.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Could be either, but I'd think it's because you're not getting any sleep. It can make you pretty cranky, especially if someone's not letting you. Keep an eye out for PPD tho.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I felt like that too at times and I am not suffering from post-partum. My baby is almost 10 weeks old . Sleep deprivation has a lot of impact on moods and feelings. Do you have someone who can help relieve you for part of the night/day so you can get the rest you need? My husband is NOT helpful with the kids at all, so I made a deal with him that he has to do the 9pm-11pm feedings and I go to bed, so I sleep 9pm-2am straight, then I do the rest of the feedings so he can get at least 6 -7 hours before he goes to work. I work too, but from home, so if I really am tired, I can try to rest. I also told him he has to do one full night per week. He chose Friday nights. Last night I slept 12 hours. It made everything seem so much better. I hope this helps you and you do get some rest. Being the mom of a newborn is not easy, but she will sleep during the night - this will end!
    delia100

Answer by delia100 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It's normal, hun. I felt the same way when I had my first child and I was not suffering from postpartum. But there were nights when I thought I was going to go insane, and I would have thoughts like "I just want to give this baby away!!". :( :( :( It WILL get better, just ask for help from anyone you can, and try to get as much sleep as possible.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Just tiredness and crankiness.
    Anonymous

• it might be both, but also, a decline in your hormones... the lack of sleep would be where my money is one, cause you are here and your worried if what you thought was bad... your just strong enough to admit it... alot of new moms coming off the high feel that way... when my son was that young, i would have him sleep on the floor near me, at least for naps, on his tummy and he slept so much better...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008