Housekeeping

Is it wrong that I get annoyed when cleaning someones home,when their grownup daughters go in after you've cleaned and mess up the place so it looks like you haven't done a thing? I get tempted to say something but I don't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I completely understand, I'm a housekeeper in a hospital and people really don't get the difference between a housekeeper and a maid.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I clean houses for a living and YES but i will not go back and redo it and i do say something but usually to the parent! I tell them...look i just wanted you to know that i did ......already and your daughter came behind me and messed it up so i wanted to tell you so you know that i didn't forget to do it! lol no shame
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Not to sound inconsiderate....however...
    Yes, I think it's wrong...but I wouldn't say anything. They write your paycheck. They can find someone else.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• As long as they don't blame you & you keep getting paid, it's really like any other job I've had. Just go home & relax.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think you're right for feeling this way. It shows that you take pride in your work, which is an honorable thing! I'd carefully approach the parents about it. Put all your bad feelings aside, don;t let them know it's bugging you. Just say, that you have noticed it untidy again shortly after you cleaned. Not that it's any of your buisness, but you wanted to avoid them thinking you're being sloppy at work. -Something like that? Hmm, I can imagine it's a tricky thing to do. It sure helps if you're cool with the parents.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 2:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I was a housekeeper at a hotel in a party town once- that was the worst. I know exactly how you feel. These kids would make a huge mess JUST because I was there to clean it up.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011