How do you go shopping with 2 babies?

I just had my second baby 4 weeks ago, I also have a 23 month old. My husband is deployed, so it is just me. I was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding how the 3 of us will go grocery shopping...I know it sounds stupid but the thought of it is stressing me out...so far I put my oldest in the seat part of the basket and my youngest in the basket part, but he is in the carrier so I can only get like 5 items at a time...hahaha! I need help!! Any suggest will be better then what I am doing now!

alexsmommy1212

Asked by alexsmommy1212 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hi: I know it is very hard. I have a 2 month old and a 4 year old. I use peapod by stop and shop a lot. It is a bit more money, but it is worth it to sit at the computer with a cup of coffee and order my items and not worry about getting to the store.
    delia100

Answer by delia100 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Does the grocery store that you shop that have the attachment on the cart for xtra children or maybe a cart that has a car on it so your oldest can drive (my daughter is 18 months and loves that) and you'd only have one on the top?
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My sister has a 6 week old and a 27 month old and when she goes shopping she puts the two year old in the seat in the cart and she has the newborn in a sling. So far its the only way she has been able to go shopping with just her and the kids.
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I put the baby carseat on top across the back if that makes sense. It fits across the back of the cart on top. I think I just repeated myself but I am trying to think of how to explain it better. The baby carrier is not in the cart. It actually fits really nice across the top and is secure. You could also use a sling. I never did because I couldn't find one that I felt fit right since I am so short.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• you can put one of those cute leash things on your 2 year old and put the babie in the basket up front so all your food can go in the back.
    Anonymous

• Wear the youngest one in a sling. My girls are 15 months apart and it worked great for us.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'm going to have my baby in the spring and my LO will be almost 3. I plan on wearing the baby in a carrier and using a childrens leash for my LO or make him hold the cart since he really doesn't like to sit still unless he has something to eat.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i have twin boys. I try to find double sitters carts..we really don;t have thigs for twins here...the best thing i use to do. wear one other in buggie..or stroller.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• or if you wanted to. drop off the oldest at a drop off day care or a babysitters.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I dont know how you feel about the little backpack "leash" things but that would probably help a lot.
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 8:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008