Wine drinkers!!!!

Hey ladies! I like to have 1 or 8 (jk....1 or 2 haha!) glasses of wine before bed to help me relax so I can sleep easier. I usually prefer sweeter more desserty wines but I also like a nice glass of red wine once in a while. I've been wanting to try something new though that's reasonably priced. Any suggestions???

Court128

Asked by Court128 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• White: riesling and moscato
    Red: port and merlot (both fairly sweet!)
    I prefer sweet wines also and I don't care for dry wines, I'm a young mother and college student so I buy cheap wine alot! Barefoot is pretty good and around $5 or $6 but that's just my opinion :)
    Tkelly3

Answer by Tkelly3 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I've been drinking Cupcake Vineyards Red Velvet and Prosecco wine and it's really good for the price (around $10 a bottle). Just wanted to see what other people like and try something different.
    Court128

Comment by Court128 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sangria, Moscato
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Unfortunately, I cannot drink because of te meds. I take for deppresion and anxiety, but I sure do miss having a glass of wine every now and then. I like dry, red wines, especially Italian ones. I have a friend who makes his own and nothing compares. But one of my favorites is Montelpucianno. On the lighter side, Red Zinfandel is a good one. Most of the wines I would choose are a little expensive, but Zinfandel is reasonably priced.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Kokopelli Wines are the best. Sweet Lucy! Love it!
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm totally on a Pinot Grigio kick right now!! I don't like wines that are too dry or too sweet, and for me as long as you get the right brand it's perfect. My hubby likes sweeter wines though and he will get a Concord grape type wine. Crane Lake is usually $4.49 at Giant Eagle, and they are pretty good wines. We found this one wine that hubby LOVED by Paper Moon winery, called Harvest Blend. It was a little sweet for my taste, but he loved it, unfortunetly it's seasonal wine so he can't get it again until around fall. He's totally bummed about that!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I like rosse wine fruity, here in Mexico it's like 7 dollars and I love it
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    Court128

Comment by Court128 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I try a lot of local wines. Do you have wineries around you? All of ours have a wine tasting area. If you go in they let you try some for like .25 cents. They will also suggest which ones you might like. I have many local wines that I really like. As far as a wine I buy at the grocery store, I usually buy Carlo Rossi / Sangria. It is on the sweet side but not too sweet. It comes in a great jug (you can use it for change when it is empty) and is cheap.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011