For Mommas with Mirena adult content

I got mine inserted about 2 weeks ago.... I am having severe cramping.... and I have a high pain tolorence. my bleeding has stopped but it feels like I'm in labor. Is this normal?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• When my Mirena was first placed my OB warned me that some cramping was normal. Throughout the next 3 days not only did i have SEVERE cramping but i also spotted quite a bit. It freaked me out enough that i went back in for a follow up shortly after and my OB reassured me that those symptoms are quite common. I'm sorry you're hurting! Heat packs and Midol helped me a bunch and DH took baby as much as he could to keep me off my feet and resting. Hope you feel better soon!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 2:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It took longer than that for mine to stop bleeding, almost a month and a half. It wasn't constant, but I did cramp frequently, and very painfully the first couple weeks with mine being in. However, I've now had mine in since December 7th, and it's just fine now. Hope this helps some, sorry if it doesn't!
    tkmom10

Answer by tkmom10 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The first one, I had cramping for a few days, but then it went away. From there, I could feel that one. My second one, I didn't have that problem. I felt fine. Might be worth a call to the doc in the morning to find out. I don't think it's common this long after insertion. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011