I guess we are going to part ways after 5 years together.....

DD is going with me 7 hours away and he is staying here. I'm going for job seeking purposes. I've truthfully not been happy for 4 of the 5 years. Now that we are amicably parting ways, I find myself sad. Very sad about it. I feel crazy almost. We leave next week. Why am I feeling so sad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Because a chapter that you hoped would be a whole book is closing. It's completely natural to feel sad when we let go of a hope that was a part of ourselves. Good luck to you. You'll be in our thoughts. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you have been with some for 5yrs it's losing part of your heart ,you thought it was death do you part
    but not to be lost of some gave your true love ,yes there was good times but when you drift apart you try to hold everything together
    it doesn't work out the way you plain ,yes it will be hard but new beinging for both of you ,and gather he might feel same way ,just think
    what furture may bring and when leave your love nest just dust your self off remember the good times
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Change rarely comes easy.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i kno how you feel, i was in a realtionship with a man for 6 years and i woke up one day and just packed up and left of course different situation but i still felt the sadness and to be honest its like was said above its like loosing a part of your heart. No matter what there will always be love of course but you may not be in love with him for whatever reasons, just be strong and keep your head up do what you have to do for you and your daughter...as you will outgrow the sadness and find better happiness...and wish you the best..keep in touch will all of us CM
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I totally agree with Shelby on this.

Answer by louise2 at 6:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i also agree with shelby
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• another successful marriage
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 3:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011