Medi-cal?

If someone moved into my home do I have to tell medical about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it matters if your SO is there or not. But the MIL can get into trouble with fraud. She claims your SO and I am assuming u do not live with her, and u put your address on the paperwork for medi-cal. When the government sees the address do not match u will get kicked off the program, or have to pay a "spend-down" cause the state might think u live with her so your income changes and the amount of assets also has increased. Thats basically what this program is about is the amount of assets the person has. When I was on it, I qualified, buyt my spend-down amount was $550 a month. Don't know if u r familer with a 'Spend Down' but, medicaid states that if they have medical bills that equal or are greater than their "excess" income. The process of subtracting those medical bills from the individual’s income over a six month period is called a Medicaid "spend-down."
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I know you have to inform them if you have food stamps but I don't know about the other. I would call your caseworker in the morning and ask. They can't take it away in a couple of days, every state is different but here you have 10 days to report any changes they need.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• hang on anon, its hard typing one handed BRB
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure, I know you have to tell foodstamps. I would talk with my caseworker if I were you.
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 2:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I called her but it was too late she was not there.
    I am curious because my mil wanted to claim my SO on her taxes so she told us to juts say he was living with her
    Well his dad found out and now wants to change his child support so he doesn't have to pay so much
    he has been living with me for about 3 months now
    Im scared we will lose my sons medical
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Please mommas anyone who has medi-cal help me out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We don't live with her and my SO is not related to my sons medical at all. I don't understand what you mean by this:
    she claims your SO and I am assuming u do not live with her, and u put your address on the paperwork for medi-cal.When the government sees the address do not match u will get kicked off the program

I dont get what you mean about the addresses?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• sorry...:) I must of misread your question....I thought he lived with u and he was your husband. U said MIL and I thought that meant Mother-inlaw. SO means signifiant other. Did mil want to claim your SO on her taxes even though he isn't living with her? Your SO's dad wanted to pay less child support? Does the 'dad' think your SO is back living with his mom even though So doesn't?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• its ok no we are not married but he has lived here for about 3 months
    she already claimed him on her taxes so theres no chaning that
    and his dad wants to pay less child support because SO no longer lives with his mom
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011