Is it normal?

I stoped breastfeeding my daughter feb 8 of this year and my beastmilk still hasn't dried all the way up? Is this normal ? And what can I do to get it to dry up?

santtanna

Asked by santtanna at 3:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Use cabbage leaves in ur bra. Change out every 2-4 hrs w fresh leaves.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 3:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• This is normal. The human breast has evolved (or been created, whatever you believe) to stop lactation VERY SLOWLY over many years. Most mammals nurse their young 2/3 of the way to sexual maturity, and for humans that's about 7 years! If breast milk dried up very suddenly when we stopped it would be a bad thing for mothers whose babies go on nursing strikes or get sick and can't nurse. Some women never fully stop making milk.

Give it time :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It's normal. It takes a long time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Normal. It can take days, weeks, even a year. You can do what was suggested, cold cabbage leaves in your bra, but if it's not uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011