What was the first book you ever read when you were little?

Mine was "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss. My mom read it to me every night and it was how I learned to read. I memorized it, and my mom showed me what the letters meant and how to use them in new words.

kayceeisit

Asked by kayceeisit at 3:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I honestly don't remember. I read all the time, always had a book nearby, but couldn't tell you the name of my first.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i dont even remember what i ate for dinner !! let alone the first book i read!! :(
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• oops you wont blv this but hey you hv 2 coz when i started reading i was in grade 4 by then i wz 10yrs the 1st book i read was captured by raiders by Benjamin Wegesha its nice to read and i still enyoy reading it now coz at 10 i cudnt make sense of what it was all about
    liciousMoatshe

Answer by liciousMoatshe at 6:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I believe it was Madeline. I didn't read until I was 7 and in 2nd grade and my parents recorded me reading that book which is what makes me think it was my first. I have no idea what happened to the recording though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have no idea what the first book EVER was because I've been reading most of my life, but I remember reading Charlotte's Web the summer before I started head start.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ann Likes Red. I read it everyday!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't know about the first little, little kid's book but the first kid novel was The Terrible Mr Tweedmeyer.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I remember reading Stuart Little when I was 7 or 8.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011