Is it normal?

Is it normal for around your ovulation to have cramps?

GuidetteInLove

Asked by GuidetteInLove at 4:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. It's called mittleschmertz. I'm not being funny, that's actually what it's called lol. It's caused because the process of ovulation is actually violent, really. The egg literally tears through the outer walls of the ovary and is released into your abdominal cavity. Increased hormone levels make all your smooth muscles (uterus, uterine tubes, intestines etc) contract more to propel the egg down the tube into the uterus. Many women experience spotting or light bleeding at this time as well.

Pretty crazy, huh?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes, happens to me every month right on schedule like clock work!!
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 4:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes, I always know which side I've ovulated from. Not every woman gets it, but it's fairly common, and not cause for concern.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do, I asked my gp about it and they said it's normal, I also sometimes get sore boobs
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yep. like the other folks said, it usually correlates with the side you ovulate from also. especially on fertility meds, i would have cramping in one or the other ovary.
    earthmamajoe

Answer by earthmamajoe at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• For some women yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yea it happens to me most of the time
    young18

Answer by young18 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes it ur cleaning out ur system and the lining of ur uterus is cumming off
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• OP- Yes. Normal to have pain during ovulation. Not all women get it, but some do.

Flipper- That is not ovulation. Ovulation is when the ovary releases an egg to be fertilized. You are talking about mentruation, or your period or "AF". And it is "coming". Cumming is something entirely different, although not completely unrelated to the topic at hand.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2011