How do I get my 19month old to sleep in his bed all night again??

Here's the thing we recently moved however he was doing great sleeping in his own bed up until he came down with a cold.... now he wakes after a couple of hours crying and wont go back to sleep in his bed. What could I possibly do about this situation any advice is appreciated : )-

hswasey

Asked by hswasey at 4:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can let him pick out a new nightlight, maybe one of the toys or lamps that project lights on the ceiling. Maybe let him pick out some new blanket for his bed. He might be more inclined to sleep in his bed if he is excited about doing that again. Also, it might be tough, but everytime he gets out of his bed, take him back tuck him in and tell him that he is a big boy now and this is what big boys do. Just be consistent. Good luck to you.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Kelly has some good ideas just be consistent and don't give up my son was doing that and we would just walk him back to his room put him back in his bed and tell him that is where big boys sleep. There are times like when we are having a thunderstorm or the power goes out that he comes in and wants me but otherwise he stays in his bed
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011