How can I get a break?

I need a break. How do I get a break? There is just no time or space for it and I don't see light at the end of the tunnel. I can't think straight. I can't manage the most simple things at work. I feel like I'm just about to loose it and I don't know what to do. I can not call in sick. It wouldn;t solve anything anyway.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• Can you at least just take five minutes either in the morning or at night before bed? I do this and I take a walk. I will even just go on my treadmill. It helps clear my head or gives me time to think. Or if you commute to work have you tried driving with the radio off and just drive in silence? For me, it is the only quiet time I get in my life. I use this time to think or sometimes I will even give myself a good cry if I need to. I hope you find a solution to your problem and I am sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am so sorry. It is so hard. You need to decide what is really important to do and what can go undone. Try cleaning on the fly!! Real quick cleaning. Meals can be simple. But avoid fried and fast food. Raw vegies, kids really like them with dip. Make two times as much when you do cook and freeze it. Wash bigger loads and fold as soon as they are dry.
    Decide that taking time for yourself is important. Do you have friends or family that can take the kids to give you a break?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Do you get vacation time at work??
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Get a medical checkup by a doctor to rule out glandular problems that might be making you feel overwhelmed, the thyroid is one. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 8:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2011