Waking up Daddy

So our DD usually sleeps through the night, but she's had a cold for the past week so she's been waking. I'm concerned b/c my husband is a heavy sleeper and has NEVER been woken by her cries and I'll be out of town for a couple nights. It'll be DD and DH overnight, any suggestions on how to get him to wake up? Thank.

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 7:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe if your not leaving for another night tell him to try a trial run and see if he can get up, i'd think if he heres his baby screaming next to him he will surely wake up. When you are home, it's easy to not have to wake up.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• More than likely if your are gone he will be listening for her.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I blast the baby monitors so he has to hear our daughter. My man has a hard time sleeping but sometimes he too sleeps like the dead. the blasting baby monitor works for us. Hope this helps you.
    dnmc1985

Answer by dnmc1985 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• DH does not hear anything if I am home. When I am gone, however, he can hear a cat meow outside lol. Seriously, the smoke alarm does not even wake him up if I am home.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Baby monitor right next to his head. Maybe move her crib into your room, or put a pack-n-play in your room for her to sleep in those couple nights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• She's only 3 months so she is still in our room in her bassinet in the pack and play :) Maybe I'll just call him? I'd hate to do that, but he jumps to his phone ringing......
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011