Graphic pictures right next to a bus stop?

So I live down the street from a Woman's clinic and before you all jump on the "abortion is wrong" crap they do more than that. They educate and provide what doctors offices do without the super cost and remember that regular docs perform these things too. Anyway, back to the question. For the last few weeks when I drive by I have noticed the protestors holding graphic signs of dead babies covered in blood and so on right next to where these apartments are and where kids get on and off the bus. Do you find this disturbing as well?

I don't care what your views are on abortion and everyone has the right to protest but is there a point people go too far?

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 7:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think they could get the point across in a different way rather than showing those kinds of graphic pictures.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We have the same problem here. There is actually an elementary school across the street from the clinic and it is horrible the pictures they show. You would think they could at least respect the kids going in and out of the school enough to not have those pictures out while the kids are getting dropped off for school.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ugh! I hate the protestors, I had to go get my birth control from the clinic in cleveland and i had people screaming that i was a murderer at me and all kinds of stuff . I felt so bad for the girls who were there for abortions. Luckily my boyfriend at the time was with me & he was a cop,he politely went over and had a little talk with them. juju Its just wrong for em to be in front of schools doing that ! :(
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That is what I thought too. There are so many ways people can get the point across. Graphic pictures won't help. I had to explain it to my 13 year old which I guess isn't a bad thing but not something I really wanted to talk about at that time. She said they do it for attention and I think she is right.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. My kids are in 4th and 5th grades now and a few years ago I might have tried to keep them away from that kind of thing but they know that some people get abortions. I have told them about it and exactly why I don't agree with it. If I thought that showing them pictures would impress on their mind the horrifying truth of what happens during an abortion I might go that route. I don't see any reason to hide the truth from kids.

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I doubt Id have a problem with it, and if I did Id just drive my kids to school. Problem solved. I teach my kids about their rights from the time they are small, so they know people have the right to protest even if you dont agree with them, it is their right to do it. My kids also know my own views of abortion so I seriously doubt they would be disturbed unless they were really small. I only have one small child, so this is probably what makes it different, and I drive her to school.

Answer by gemgem at 8:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• What you teach your kids is not my problem nor what you believe or feel is right or wrong. My point is do you feel that perhaps it is going too far to display these types of pictures where kids will be at. You said no because you don't believe in abortions and you teach your kids the truth at an early age. That is your issue not mine. I will choose what my kids should and shouldn't know at specific ages and it is up to me if I want them to see such things. Why should I have to drive them to school? Why can't the protestors just simply make their point without the pictures? They have websites for that. No one said they couldn't protest. That wasn't my point. My kids at a young age don't need to know about abortions and they will do it regardless of what you think. When they are 18 its their choice
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the reality of it is abortion is nasty. no matter what my stance is, if my 6yo asks me about abortion, etc. (which is altogether likely, as he's very interested in the body, organs, science, etc.), i will be truthful with him. if he was to see a picture of an aborted baby, and asked questions, i'd be truthful still. do i want my child to be unduly subjected to pics of reality, no...i'd rather him not ever have to know what abortion actually is. but the truth is the truth. i won't lie to him if he asks about a picture.
    but can i keep them from their protesting, if its peaceful and lawful? no, again.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I will choose what my kids should and shouldn't know at specific ages and it is up to me if I want them to see such things. Why should I have to drive them to school? Why can't the protestors just simply make their point without the pictures? They have websites for that. No one said they couldn't protest. ---

you answered your own question, OP.."that is your issue not mine.'' you have a problem with the possibility of your kids seeing these pics, but other pps don't, necessarily.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do not agree with abortion on ANY level....but it drives me crazy to see those signs. Send them in the mail or something, but don't stand there on a street where young children are being exposed and saying, "mommy, why do they have pictures of dead babies?". It's not a conversation I want to have with my 4 yr old.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011