What do you think of Obama backing away from yet another campaign promise?

He is now going ahead with military tribunals instead of using the U.S. court system, to try detainees

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 8:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It is his usual behavior. How many campaign promises has he backed away from?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• So many I've lost count. He needs a back-up beeper on his rear end.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• how many hope&changers will still drink the kool-aid this time around???
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well I agree with not giving these guys a public forum to perform he never should have promised that to begin with. Just like closing Gitmo. Campaign promises are great talking points but rarely come to fruition regardless of who it is.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am glad he changed his mind on this one :) But I LOVE the beeper butt idea ;)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• His hope and change translates into "I hope I can change my mind again without upsetting my followers".
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I can actually agree with this decision, however it would have been better had he made this decision to begin with instead of waiting it out two + years before understanding it's the right thing to do. I think a better question would be do you think that he really feels that this is the right thing to do, or is he just doing what it strictly a political decision considering he is running for re-election?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• or is he just doing what it strictly a political decision

sorry, that should have read 'or is this strictly a political decision'.  Still early and not yet through my second cup. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• – collapse
    One, I am pissed the hell off at everyone blaming all the campaign promises broken solely on Obama. The way our government runs really ties our hands. There is only so much he can do without the support of congress and the house. Many of his promises were good ideas that were thought of by the Republicans but now that Obama is in office instead of backing him and making our country better they are cock blocking him to make him look bad and them look good.
    Stop blaming Obama, there is only so much he can do. The people voted to a house majority with Republicans in the lead because they watch FOX news and believe their lies. Then they complain and blame everything in Obama when he can't get anything positive passed. Argh!
    It angers me that he is backing away, but he has to keep the US afloat any way he can. Him backing away is because people who voted but the wrong people in the Senate. Pure and simple.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 9:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• . The people voted to a house majority with Republicans in the lead because they watch FOX news and believe their lies. Then they complain and blame everything in Obama when he can't get anything positive passed. Argh!

Actually, many of us believe that the people voted in a balance of power, which is how our government is supposed to work.  The party in power is just upset because in two short years they pissed away much of their political capital (and this goes for any party in power).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011