Does this video of children screaming for help as CPS takes them make you rethink calling CPS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwjgiM2qPxw&feature=related#t=01m01s

What do you think knowing that a very large portion of these removals are done when the charges are unsubstantiated?

Do you think they should start substantiating charges before they do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Yes that is a sad video, anytime a child is removed from their home it is a traumatic situation for everyone. That is why CPS does their best to only remove children when it is necessary. The video does not say why they are being removed. If I feel that a child's well being is in danger I will call CPS. The moral of the story is TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAMN KIDS SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No, it certainly does not make me rethink calling the police.  CPS where I live is a freaking joke.  No way in hell would I stand by and witness a child being abused and not do anything.  Would I call for what I consider to be small shit?  No.  It's sad but it's one side of the story.  WHY were those children being taken away in the first place?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well since we don't know the circumstance of why they were called and what happened in the end it is hard to know if this was in the best interest of the children. Even abused children do necessary know what is best for themselves and tend to love their parent in spite of what has been done to them.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It's heart breaking to hear and watch. Anonymous said it all and said it best "TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN"
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Any child being removed from"all they know" is gonna be upset and scared! I would still call social services if I KNEW for Sure something bad was happening in the home! I like what the first responder said, I couldn't have said it any better!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S36rozABiZk&feature=related   And you don't always have to do something abusive to get your children taken away.  I'm not saying abuse doesn't happen, just saying it's not always the case. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No it does not make me rethink anything. Children love their parents, even if they are bad parents. Just recently there was a vicious murder (Zahra Baker) and she told cps her step mom was a good mom, and a month later was murdered and dismembered by her step mom. Kids dont know what is best for them when the only thing they know is a bad home. Of course they will cry and carry on. CPS workers already have a hard job, and so do police officers who have to do these things. Do you think these police who assist are all childless and have no heart? Of course they do.
    In this video the dad was making things worse imo.

Answer by gemgem at 8:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Doesn't make me rethink anything, except that maybe cops aren't paid enough to deal with that. Can you imagine rescuing abused children from their situation while their parents make it worst for them by filming it? All children love their parents, even the abused ones. Who knows what they were doing to the poor kids to get them taken away? The house looked filthy and the area looked really bad, so who knows? I can only imagine how hard it was for those officers to go home to their own children at the end of the day, thinking about that....I think it takes amazingly strong people to do their job under so much stress. I noticed the officer walking with the second child was talking to him/her the whole way, and the first screaming child was relaxing after a while, too. They knew in their hearts that they were being saved, I think.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• While it's very sad, I don't think that this video should be used to discourage people from calling CPS in NECESSARY situations. We don't know the background info on why the kids were taken, not to mention that even if you take a child from an abusive situation he's going to cry because he is being taken away from people he loves and the only thing he knows.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• sorry but i seen what some parents do to there kids 1st hand yes the kids upset and scared now but you got to think long tearm . any kid will be scared being taken away from what they know . kids dont go happly like they make out on tv but once there taken away and see its not gona be that bad there normal fine but ever case is dif . in the uk the wont take the kids unless they really have to
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011