Beef round bottom round roast (label reads on pkg.) My timing with big pieces of meat is usually too dry. I wanted to make it in the crock pot. What time would be good? It's only 3.16 lbs.

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 8:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't generally make them in a crock pot. I have a delicious sandwich recipe.
    1 can beef broth
    1/4 cup or more to taste Wosterschire sauce
    minced garlic (2 cloves)
    This will taste very strong, but it really makes a great roast. Put roast and cover tightly with foil. Place in a 300 degree oven for 4 hours. Slice and serve on Kaiser rolls.

I think crockpots dry everything out and overcook most things.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I looked up a couple of recipes and most said 6-8 hours on low.  Here's one that looks good.  GL!

http://www.food.com/recipe/warm-and-cozy-bottom-round-roast-crock-pot-style-206642

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When I make this roast I do it in the oven. I start it at about 12 and bake on 350 until 6. Season it as you like, but the trick to keep it from drying out is to add water to the bottom of the pan. About half way up the roast. Cover it with foil and check it often to make sure the water level is good. It always turns out perfect for me. You could give it a shot? Good luck. The other ladies had good recipes as well.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011