My husband snores, does it hurt our marriage to not sleep in the same bed?

I am a very light sleeper and have insomnia. We haven't slept in the same bed for a number of years now but of course we meet up for 'date night'. I feel bad when he makes comments about it. Is it that big of a deal?

mythreesons278

Asked by mythreesons278 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• dont know but im in the same boat except mine also fights or cusses on top of the snoring in his sleep i have made comments about getting two beds i dont sleep good anyway and this problem just adds to it
    halo4

Answer by halo4 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I haven't slept in the same bed as my husband for years. I can't- he snores, talks in his sleep and farts all night. It's disgusting, I get zero sleep and it just causes problems. There is no law that married people must sleep in the same bed or they don't love each other...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think its fine. My husband snores, but so do I. So far so good though lol. I know he does sleep on the couch from time to time when my dd or ds climbs in bed with us. He cant handle their wild sleeping.

Answer by gemgem at 8:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd say it's ok to sleep separetly in these circumstances, because it's better for you to sleep apart and actually get sleep rather than share a bed and be grumpy due to tiredness!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I sleep SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better when he's NOT in the room while I'm sleeping!

We used to be able to crash together, but since he joined the USAF, and then went on 6 month deployments, I got used to the silence, so whenever he came back, and tried to sleep in the same room, I would toss and turn all night. Or, because of his nasty work schedule, he'd wake me up when coming to bed, and then I'd be up the rest of the night (only having gotten a couple hours of sleep).

Plus, he tells me our couches are comfy-er to sleep on vs our TEMPERPEDIC he had to have. He has a lot of sleeping issues himself, and it didn't help :/

We'll be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary this June. If anything, its made us stronger as a couple NOT to sleep in the same bed...and the sex is even better!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It's your marriage only you can answer if it hurts your marriage. I hate when my husband isn't home because he is traveling for work. I don't sleep very well without him to cuddle up to. He doesn't snore, fart, or make noises in his sleep though. If he did any of those things it might make me feel differently.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It doesn't bother me me and my hubby snores lol , but right now we don't keep in the same bed. Cz I have a 17months old baby that I sleep right next to .
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 11:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011