Did you get put on bedrest with brethine? I feel like it was just false labor and now i'm stuck in the bed taking these meds :(

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 8:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes I have. Three times in fact. It's not all that bad. I hated checking my piulse before taking it though. that drove me crazy. Fortunately for you they usually take you off the med by week 36 so if you're just now taking it you're good. i had to start it at week 27. it's for the baby. Remember that and it makes taking it a little easier.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am going to bump this question. I never went through this, but I have been on bedrest before and I know how horrible it is. Hopefully someone will give you the answer you are looking for :) maybe you could talk to your doctor about it and he or she can help answer your questions.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Do you know if they did a fetal fibronectin (sp?) test? They take a swab down there and can somehow predict if you'll have your baby within the next 2 weeks. If you get a positive test before 35 weeks, most caregivers will put you on bed rest. What is the medication for? I was put on partial bed rest after I went into early labor at 35 weeks. They thought it was just false labor, but then I started dilating. It was NOT fun.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I was with my 2nd pregnancy. It was awful. That brethine made me jumpy and I couldn't even walk through the house without having contractions.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well the first time I went in on friday i dilated to a 1 1/2 while i was there but the second time i went there was no changes and the contractions went away........this medicine is the worst. not as bad as the mag sulfate i.v. but it's not good and i just feel like i made a mistake by going to get checked the 2nd time
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh and i did have that test to see if labor would come in the next two weeks at one of my appts about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was neg. i had the test because i was having pains and history or early labor
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• How far along are you?
    Are you trying other med options?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am 34 weeks, this is the first take home med i have tried because i just got prescribed to it yesterday
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• pulse** evidently this is one of those days I can't type.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011