Does your child get scared...

We watched the non-animated version on Peter pan last night(the prequel to Hook). Since it had been so long since either of us had seen it. We had forgotten just how graphic it was. However, it wasn't the violent pirates, the alien like mermaids, or the large and very life like crocodile that scared DS. We were watching the part where Peter saves Tiger Lily and the sword fight was in full throtle. DS LOVES swords so he was really into this part. Then micheals Teddy Bear's head get's cut off. Uh-oh...we turned the movie off but DS was still worried about the poor bear. He kept saying "hurt bear". We even got his bear to show him everything was OK.

He had trouble going to bed and ended up falling asleep with me on the couch.

I felt horrible for him. He thought the poor bear had been really hurt.

Do you have experiance with something like this? how did you handle it? Or does your child not get scared with things like that?

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Something like that has happened to us before with my youngest. It's so hard when they are little and they don't understand- I felt like a horrible mother for weeks!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• just keep reassuring him that everything is OK
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• best thing is to just reassure him that it was a movie, not real. he'll most likely forget it in a week or so tops.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• He's fine now. Did'nt even get up in the middle of the night. Which is what we did when he was afraid of Cruella De Ville. I was just wondering if anyone has children who have gone through something simular.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011